How to choose a perfect pet bed
According to CertiPUR-US, dogs love a place that has comfort and refuge. Therefore, the training crate are working so well for pups and the pets’ bed are crucial for dogs in all ages. Mahatma Gandhi says the greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated, it is best and recommended for you to get your pet a pet bed because asking them to go to their place it won’t feel like a punishment because as it is stated in CertiPUR-US that dogs spend approximately 12 to 14 hours in a day, light sleeping it will work even better for them to sleep in a comfortable, secure, warm and a great pet bed support.
Pet beds come in handy when you must train your dog to excuse you when you get visitors over or you just that person with table manners etiquette and you prefer your pets away from the dinner table.
How a pet bed helps with travelling
Travelling with your dog can be a handful but it does not have to be anymore, with the help of a pet bed you are warrantied a sense of familiarity, that will help your dog to settle down and feel less anxious. Dogs are more likely to forget in a span of two minutes because of their short-term memory, this makes it easier for you to travel with them since by the time you hit them into the sack (get them to bed) in a flight or whatever form of transportation that works for you they will long have forgotten and will be settled and ready for the road.
Guidelines for choosing the perfect pet bed
If you want to make your and your dog’s life easier and get all those hand licks as a form of saying thank you from your dog, maybe a wag of a tail. All you need to do is purchase a pet bed, to do that you’ll need the below guideline by CertiPUR-US® to help you choose the rightful one for your baby (dog).
- Size and fit. For the most comfort, measure your dog’s length from nose to base of tail while they are sleeping, then add 8 to 10 inches or round up to the next-largest bed size.
- Type of sleeper. Dogs typically fall into one of four categories when it comes to their preferred sleeping positions: “curlers,” who prefer to be snugly encircled by the contours of the bed; “burrowers,” who like to dig in and create a cosy nest; “sprawlers,” who spread out in all directions; and “leaners,” who prefer the stability and security of a bolster-style bed or dog couch.
- Home decor. Dog beds are available in a huge selection of fabrics, colours, patterns, and styles, making it simple to match them to the furniture, space, and other furnishings in your home.
- Materials inside. Flexible polyurethane foam, either regular or memory foam, is used in almost all dog beds. Make sure it’s made with CertiPUR-US® certified foam for indoor air quality, which complies with strict criteria for content and emissions, as with any foam-containing mattresses, pillows, or furniture.
- Materials outside. Pick a dog bed with a cover that is like the material your dog tends to prefer. A flatter suede, cotton, or twill is favoured for some dogs, while fleece (which can also be preferable in chilly areas) is preferred for others.
- Washability. Be sure that their bed can be machine-washed or has a removable cover that can be machine-washed.
- Support. High-quality foam works well for young, healthy dogs, but older arthritic or injured dogs may require an orthopaedic bed containing high density orthopaedic foam. You can also find special pillows, pads, and mats for special needs dogs.
As some dogs take quite a while to fully adjust to a new bed, placing the bed near where you are and adding their favourite toy or treat can do magic with helping them adjust, you can also add in one of your unwashed pieces of clothing to make the new bed feel like home with your scent.
By the time you start seeing your dog happy with the choice of bed you have purchased, you can start considering buying additional beds for your dog which you can place all over the rooms you spend more time on with your dog instead of moving one bed around.
As CertiPUR-US states another benefit of the dog bed, is keeping the dogs off the couch which provides a happy alternative!